Champions Soccer Camps
Since 1987 Champions’ Camp has provided the perfect training environment and culture for developing total soccer players. Our goal is to properly instruct, challenge, and inspire our campers with the necessary skills, tactics, character, and passion to take their games to the next level—while having a ton of fun in the process. The week of camp culminates on Friday with our Champions League Ceremony and Tournament.
OUR PROVEN 6-POINT COACHING PHILOSOPHY
1. Total Football: “Total Football” is a soccer philosophy made famous by the Dutch super club Ajax. It develops players who are highly skilled, tactically aware and can play any position on the pitch (high soccer IQ). At Champions Soccer Camp, we believe the key to success in any sport is mastery of the fundamentals skills and tactics. Therefore, we break down and thoroughly teach the fundamentals of the game by using a variety of presentations, demonstrations, and drills that will enable each player to become a “total footballer.”
2. Learn Through Play: There is no better teacher of soccer than the game itself. Our “Learn Through Play” approach gives our campers the opportunity to utilize the skills and tactics learned each day, while providing them with real match experience that will develop their soccer IQ and confidence on the pitch.
3. Participation for All: We have created an all-inclusive and dynamic curriculum to involve all campers, regardless of their ability or background. Players get maximum involvement for maximum improvement.
4. Competitive Training: We believe that progress is best achieved through competitive and fair training sessions, which also makes training much more fun and enjoyable—while developing grit and desire. Practice is a battle of who wants it more. We want our campers, especially girls, to know that it is not only okay to compete, but it is expected of them. We want to develop fierce competitors who make a difference.
5. Success Through Character: We believe character is the real foundation of all worthwhile success. Hence, we aim to inspire good character in all our campers by incorporating character-based discussions, activities, and lessons into our overall curriculum, which range from crafts to skits to fun games. Our believe is, “Inner Winner—Outer Champion.”
6. FUN: Training should involve hard work, but this doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fun. That is why we have created an educational and fun-filled program that will inspire our campers to excel and have a great time.
“THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE TO LEARN THE GREAT GAME OF SOCCER THAN AT CHAMPIONS SOCCER CAMP. IT WAS THE BEST PART OF MY SUMMER YEAR AND YEAR.”
Luke Vercollone, New England Revolution (former camper)
AT CHAMPIONS’ CAMP YOU WILL IMPROVE YOUR GAME AND HAVE BLAST DOING IT!
BASIC OVERVIEW OF DAILY SCHEDULE
Skills & Tactics: We use a variety of presentations, demonstrations, and drills/games in order to thoroughly break down and teach (part-to-whole) the fundamental skills and tactics of the game, while emphasizing character-based principles of success. Campers will also be taught our Magic Moves, which are 1v1 moves that will enable any player to be an unstoppable force on the pitch. (25%)
Small-Sided Instructional Match Play: We believe there is no better teacher of soccer than the game itself. Our Learn Through Play approach gives our campers real match experience that will develop their soccer IQ and confidence. Small-sided matches allow each camper to have maximum touches on the ball for maximum improvement. Match play enables coaches to evaluate and teach campers in a live match situation. The week of camp culminates on Friday with our Champions League Final Ceremony and Tournament. (75%)
- A Kid’s Guide to Becoming a Champion booklet
- Camp T-shirt
- Character Evaluations
- Camp Certificate
- Camp Photo
- The Champion’s Challenge Obstacle Course
- And lots more!
Audience: Entering Grades 1-5 (Lower Division: Grades 1+2, Upper Division: Grades 3-5
Duration: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm